Spotted Gum Timber Flooring in Adelaide is one of the most sought after in Australia and is faultlessly suited to various architectural purposes.
Why should you choose Spotted Gum?
– Available in many sizes – 80, 85, 108, 130, 180x14/19mm.
– Obtainable in NSW & QLD varieties.
– Colours range from deep chocolate browns, dramatic blondes to rich reds – Durable, sturdy and fire resistant.
– Logged in accordance with the Australian forestry standards (eco-friendly).
Features and characteristics of Spotted Gum Timber Flooring in Adelaide
An architect’s and designer’s favourite, Spotted Gum is an extremely hard-wearing and long-lasting timber. It’s eye-catching and varied colour range and appealing grain patterns make certain it is always in demand.
Spotted Gum is extremely unique and almost certainly the second most accepted Australian timber. There is not another timber across the world like Spotted Gum. The colour differs widely between pale straw to chocolate brown, from time to time having an olive green or red tinge. It is not just visually impressive, but Spotted Gum Timber Flooring in Adelaide is extremely hardy as well. The ‘NSW’ variety is a little browner & lighter on average.
As far as Spotted Gum is concerned, this Australian hardwood is not just used for flooring but for decking as well. It features an outstanding black-sawn grain structure & vibrant colouring that ranges from ‘light brown’ to ‘dark red-brown’ hues. Spotted Gum is also known as ‘Lemon-scented Gum’ or ‘Spotted Irongum’. It is highly robust, so it is used for the making of bridge, wharfs, mining timbers and various other engineering applications. Incidentally, it registers a high ‘11’ on the ‘Janka scale’. Spotted Gum Timber Flooring in Adelaide requires minimal staining since it is less prone to bleed-through of tannins as compared to other species of wood. When you are adding a deck to your house, the Spotted Gum would generate a nice, continuous look of space from the outdoor to the indoor space. Thus, it has a lot of benefits and also can be specially installed by lovers of wood.
Following are 3 Reasons – why Spotted Gum Timber Flooring in Adelaide reigns supreme –
• Extreme Hardness & Durability – Spotted gum is tremendously hard and hard-wearing. It registers a ‘Janka rating of 11’ and is listed under ‘Class A’. It can stand the toughest & harshest environment when used as ‘home flooring’. This sturdiness and hardness factor not merely lends itself of use in a floor setting but also can be utilized for other purposes such as furnishing, paneling and lining as well.
• Spotted Gum Timber Flooring in Adelaide has a Long Lifespan – A harvested & engineered spotted gum floor can last up to close to 40 years when utilized above ground and between 15 and 25 years when utilized underground. It is termite & marine borer resistant, however, is susceptible to lyctid borers.
• Many Applications – The range of usages spotted gum can be tapped is to a certain extent extensive. The list encompasses decking, fencing, lining, framing, cladding, posts, and poles. For a heavier application, spotted gum timber can be relied upon for construction duties in railways sleepers, wharf, bridges, cross-arms and mining timbers as well. Spotted Gum Timber Flooring in Adelaide continues to enjoy massive popularity among hardwood floor lovers & enthusiasts.
Spotted gum timber is an Australian hardwood that possesses a distinctive grain structure which makes it stand out when utilized as flooring in any home. It has an oily texture that lends itself to pretty easy saw work. When cut to a definite thickness as boards, they are utilized in certain bush fire prone areas devoid of the need for chemical treatment. It has dynamic hues, alluring markings, and a back-sawn grain structure. The hues range from ‘red-cocoa to dark brown’, which are incredible for Spotted Gum Timber Flooring in Adelaide on the grounds that those colours tend to hide stains while giving an affluent appearance or you can also stain & polish it to highlight its characteristic grain.
Different species of spotted gum timber grow from the ‘East coast of Australia’, most remarkably from ‘Northern Victoria’ all the way to ‘Queensland’. This all-too-famous Australian timber has an extensive-ranging application which includes decking, fencing, and various other landscaping chores.
You should contact Floor n Décor for installing Spotted Gum Timber and Vinyl Plank Flooring in Adelaide. We have a solid timber flooring price list for showing you a clearer picture.